Sunday, November 22, 2009

New Dress



I loved the fabric that I used for the skirt I gave away so I decided to make a dress for myself out of the same fabric. I found a pattern for a "peasant" style shirt and decided I could lengthen it, add ruffles and a belt and turn it into a dress. That plan probably would have worked pretty well if I hadn't accidentally bought the pattern in the "large/extra large" size. Even after I tried to slim-down the size large I ended up with something that looked like a moo-moo ( I'm not sure if that is how you spell it, but I'm talking about those huge dresses that you're grandma wears around the house). Needless to say I had to take the dress in even more (around 8 inches more actually) and even now it is still rather large but once I tie the belt I think it looks ok.

2 comments:

*K*R*I*S*T*Y* said...

SOOO CUTE! Oh my gosh.This would be super cute too in a sweater material.Man if I had time to sew all the things we thought up, wouldn't that be great??Gosh you're talented with that machine!Love seeing the stuff you so casually 'whip' up.

Michelle said...

ha ha...terriann you are talking about those dresses grandma used to wear all the time...thats funny stuff!

Related Posts with Thumbnails