Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Freezer Paper Stenciling and Applique


When I was dyeing cloth diapers for burp cloths I threw in a few onesies as well with the hopes of someday trying out the freezer paper stenciling method.
Today, I finally got around to it!

I painted the flowers directly on the onesie.


I painted "Ryann" on a piece of yellow fabric and then appliqued it onto the onesie.


I'm a little embarrassed to say that I hadn't tried either method until today
but I think it turned out pretty good.
I was having some issues with my sewing machine (notice all the skipped stitches?) 
but there isn't much I can do about that!

This is going to my cousin Suni who is having a baby girl in a few months!
Now I just need to figure out what else to give her :)

2 comments:

Caroll said...

I think it turned out really cute! I love the stenciling.

{Trulie Scrumptious} said...

these are so fun! LOVE your blog... My sister and I just started a new blog and would LOVE for you to come over and be our newest {blog} friend and follower. (we are your newest follower) Come see us at
trulie-scrumptious.blogspot.com
Hope to see you soon!

Related Posts with Thumbnails