Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Cookie Craft


Todd bought me this book for Christmas.
I'm not sure if he knew I would like the detailed baking and decorating instructions...
or if he just wanted an excuse for me to make cookies. 
Either way I thought it was awesome and couldn't wait to try it out.

Step One...


Bake the cookies! 
The book comes with a yummy recipe and lots of tips and tricks about how to roll out, chill (yes in that order), cut out, and then bake your cookies.

Thanks goodness for parchment paper!

It made the entire process 100 times easier.

Step two...

make the frosting!

You actually make two different batches of frosting.
One to pipe around the edges.
One to flood the inside with.
Their recipe calls for lemon juice and tastes great!

Step Three would be to color the icing, but I didn't take a picture of that sorry.
Step Four...

Use a #2 tip to pipe around the edges. 
I actually used a #3 because Kelsie was using my #2 and I think it would have been better with the 2.
Clearly this was my first time.
My piping skills are really lacking, to put it lightly!

Step Five...

Fill in the center.
I've got to say this was probably my favorite part.
I loved how the icing would just flow to the edges and would be perfectly smooth!

See!
Man, seeing my piping next to the super smooth center makes it stick out like a sore thumb haha!
Next time I'm going to pipe with the same color I fill it with...does that make sense?

Step Six...


Decorate the top.

After the flow frosting was somewhat dry I thought it was fun to go back and add polka dots, stripes, and other decorations.

I really like how some of my butterflies turned out, but I think WES was my favorite!

1 comment:

Tasha Early said...

Dangit. I always scroll through my reader and see your posts, but I never realize that they are YOURS! These cookies look SOOO good and I've always loved that kind of frosting. It's perfect!

Related Posts with Thumbnails