Friday, October 30, 2009

Experimenting with Photoshop

I've been experimenting with Photoshop. I have A LOT to learn but I know more now than I did a year ago so maybe someday I'll get it all figured out (someday far far in the future). This week I learned a little about layer masks, how to alter hue and saturation, and lighting effects (Filter>Render>Lighting Effects). I applied all three to this photo I took of a butterfly outside. I increased the saturation of the "orange" tones to bring out the color in the butterfly wings and the flowers behind it. I also used the lighting effects to make it look like a flashlight was shinning on the picture. Overall I'm pleased with the picture. I won't be doing anything with it, but it helped me understand a little bit more about how Photoshop works, and it will remind me of Hilton Head.

2 comments:

Staci said...

I love it! Photoshop is awesome I know it pretty well if there is any tricks you want to know I'll tell you how! The possiblities are endless.

TannHart said...

Thanks! The program is so extensive. Next time I have something I can't figure out I'll just ask you :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails